- This event has passed.
Drone School at the Museum
February 29 @ 10:30 am - 1:00 pm PST
DRONE SCHOOL AT THE AEROSPACE MUSEUM OF CALIFORNIA
Have you ever thought about a career as a professional drone pilot? The opportunities are endless – real estate, insurance, construction site monitoring, inspections, and more! Our Remote Pilot Test Prep Seminar Series course meets over 3 Saturdays: February 29, March 7, and March 14 and begins at 10:30 am each day. The class runs until 12:30 pm and offers a Simulator Lab from 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm.
In this seminar students will learn what it takes to safely and legally operate a small Unmanned Aircraft in the National Airspace System. The seminar will consist of a lecture, self-study that requires the students to read the ASA, Test Prep 2020 Remote Pilot book, complete homework assignments, and pass practice knowledge tests.
Learning Objectives –
• Applicable regulations relating to small unmanned aircraft system rating privileges, limitations, and flight operation
• Effects of weather on small unmanned aircraft performance
• Small unmanned aircraft loading and performance
• Emergency procedures
• Crew resource management
• Determining the performance of small unmanned aircraft
• Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures
Seminar Learning Outcomes –
Students will have a basic understanding of the rules and regulations, and the tools to take and pass the Federal Aviation Administration’s Remote Pilot test.
The course price includes required materials:
• ASA, Test Prep 2020 Remote Pilot
• Airman Knowledge Testing Supplement for Sport Pilot, Recreational Pilot, and Private Pilot (FAA-CT-8080-2H)
Course is for ages 16+.
Learn more about instructor Patrick Egan here.